Monitoring Splunk

Monitoring private shared drive on a remote server with UF.

rajeshpakalapat

Can someone please let me know how can I monitor the modify/delete/create actions no a shared drive in a remote server with UF installed in it?

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

paulbannister
Communicator

Hi There,

There is a deprecated feature called FSCHANGE that is still does exactly that, although it is down as deprecated it there is no immediate plan to drop it completely to my knowledge

inputs.conf should be something along the lines of:

[fschange:*YOUR_FILE_PATH*]
fullEvent=true
pollPeriod=3600
recurse=true
sendEventMaxSize=100000
signedaudit=false
disabled=0

It may require some tweaking to the file path ensure it works with your use case and after a UF restart may also require patience if the directory itself is quite cumbersome

0 Karma

rajeshpakalapat

Thanks for the answer. I found that the file logs are not being captured by the event viewer. So first I will need to get the logs to the event viewer then send to the platform.

Any idea on getting this done?

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...