Dashboards & Visualizations

Modify Chart Axis Label Style

ShaneNewman
Motivator

I have been trying to figure this out for the better part of an hour and have searched through the documentation. I might be searching using the wrong terminology... so I apologize in advance if this has been answered already.

I have a bar chart with facilities as labels on the X-Axis. The chart makes them 9px, which is way too small for our end users to see without zooming in (sadly, most don't know they can do this). I dug around through the style info that is default for the chart module. Apparently the CSS is done in-line so making a single change to an application.css seems to be out of the question. Knowing this, I am thinking I will need to create a custom application.js to replace the default settings that Splunk uses when compiling the dashboard chart from XML...

Am I making this more complected than it needs to be or am I on the right track?

0 Karma
1 Solution

ShaneNewman
Motivator

Ended up converting the XML to HTML and using javascript and css to make this happen.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ShaneNewman
Motivator

Ended up converting the XML to HTML and using javascript and css to make this happen.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...