Splunk Search

Missing fields extractions

franklinashokp

Hi All,

Recently we have moved all the splunk rules for alerting to another app,

after we moved few searched are not giving any results, for example the searches which are using a eventtype that contains facility and mnemonics doesnt give any result.

Below is one such example of an eventtype

Below are two example of event type

1) sourcetype=cisco_syslog facility=OSPF mnemonic=ADJCHG

2) sourcetype=cisco_syslog facility=BGP mnemonic=ADJCHANGE

I am not very sure but after searching on google, I understand the facility & mnemonic are the fields created to match the event, however after we changed the app to GNS_Alerting I couldn’t find these two in the fields extractions. May I check with you how to create the fields as most of the event types used for the alert rules are using these fields. If i removed the facility and mnemonic and just give the key words we see results.

Can please advise thanks

regards
Franklin

Tags (1)
0 Karma

dineshraj9
Builder

Check permissions on all knowledge object in the previous app. Either share them globally or move them to your new app for the searches to work again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...