Getting Data In

Missing New logs in Splunk

CONSORP
Loves-to-Learn Lots

I have NAS servers and splunk installed in Windows server, my new logs in a NAS server stopped indexing. I did troubleshooting and found bug in inputstatus.

Percent and file position in inputstatus shows 0.00 and 0 in splunk management port and i'm missing those logs in splunk

Inputstatus:
TailingProcessor: FileStatus in 8089 port

file position    0
                                                   file size        101010324                                    \\snx1_source_storagelogs-cpz_00000000.evtx
                                                   parent         \\snx1_source_storagelogs-cpz*.evtx
                                                   percent          0.00
                                                   type             finished reading

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Back all the way up and start over. Tell us the whole story. Was it ever working OK? If so, what changed? What are your *.conf files that you used and what is in them? In particular, we need to see the inputs.conf and outputs.conf files on your forwarder. It is exceedingly unlikely that you found a bug in the forwarder and the output of splunk list monitor as well as splunk btool inputs list --debug.

0 Karma

cpetterborg
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Should be: splunk btool inputs list --debug

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I always get that wrong.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...