Dashboards & Visualizations

Map heat locations without Lat / Long

willsy
Communicator

I am trying to map my datacentre cabinet heat locations to their respective cabinets on a top down view of the datacentre using visio.

Is there a way to map my temperature to the correct rack location without using Lat/Long?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi willsy,
If I correctly undestood: you want to map values extracted from your data (temperatures) with cabinets of your datacenter and display values on a dashboard with the cabinets, not a geographical location, is it correct?
You could do this, you could use a bitmat of your datacenter as background and put the value of each server as a Single Value Panel over the image.
You can see the way to do this in Splunk Dashboard Examples ( https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/ ) - Image Overlay with Single Values.

If instead your problem is to locate servers in cabinets and display temperature values saying server name and cabinet, you can create a lookup containing these information and use it when displaying.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...