Alerting

Mail in splunk

logloganathan
Motivator

i have written splunk query
index=aaa sourcetype=xyz | stats count by xxx

i want to mail only if count greater than 0 to xyz@xyz.com and if count greater than 10 then mail to abcd@xyz.com

Could you please help

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

harishalipaka
Motivator
index=aaa sourcetype=xyz | stats count as total by xxx |eval a=if(total >0 ,"abc@gmail.com",case(total>10,"xyz@gmail.com")) | sendemail to=$result.a$  format="html" server=smtp.xxx.com:123 use_tls=1 subject="Alert for Data" message="This is an alert  data" sendpdf=true
Thanks
Harish

View solution in original post

ppatrikfr
Path Finder

Well I dont know if its gonna help you but you can use a schedule search with |sendemail command on it, you can make two different searchs and put a | where conditional for one search up to 0 but less than 10 and another search with greater than 10.

it will be something like this

| where count > 0 || count < 10
|sendemail to="emailreceiver@emai.com" 

look at this link for more information about sendemail: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.1/SearchReference/Sendemail

and second search will be like

| where count > 10
|sendemail to="emailreceiver@emai.com" 

Hope it works, if didn't just tell me if you are making an alert of something else, see ya!! 😉

0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator
index=aaa sourcetype=xyz | stats count as total by xxx |eval a=if(total >0 ,"abc@gmail.com",case(total>10,"xyz@gmail.com")) | sendemail to=$result.a$  format="html" server=smtp.xxx.com:123 use_tls=1 subject="Alert for Data" message="This is an alert  data" sendpdf=true
Thanks
Harish

logloganathan
Motivator

thanks for your answer!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...