Security

MSP and Enterprise License (To define pools from which license file)

ansif
Motivator

I have 2 licenses,one of which is using for 1 customer and other license is shared among n number of customers (MSP - Multitenant).Say for an example

1.License for Customer A (200GB) expiry date : 2018
2.For other n number of customers (500 GB-50 GB per customer) expiry date 2019

I can define pools for each customers. My question is,if I am stacking the above 2 licenses in one license master,can I create a single pool for Customer "A" which should uses the first license file and not to share it with other customers.Is that possible?

Please suggest how can I achieve this kind of deployment.

Regards,
Ansif

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ansif
Motivator

I got an idea,will install the first license and create a pool for Customer A(which utilize all space from first license),then install second and create pools will utilize the second license file.

If I am planning for Customer N need to be using 3rd license file,then create pools for second license file fully (if no pools required create a dummy pool which utilizes the second license space)then install 3rd license for Customer N and create pool.Does it works?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...