All Apps and Add-ons

MS Exchange App "Web Services Overview"

ciyn
Explorer

I installed Exchange app on French environment, I found only a problem for the "Exchange Web Services Overview." The stats "Requests / minute" is not displayed.

The fields used for stats (MailboxRPCRequests, RPCC) does not exist.

Thanks

Bruno

Tags (2)
0 Karma

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The perfmon counters that are used are the US/English versions. Your french environment has french language counters. As a result, it won't work for performance metrics.

You have two choices:

1. Use something else for perfmon, such as Systems Center Operations Manager
  2. Alter the TA to collect the right perfmon counters, then alter the searches to also use the same names.

Either one will work. You may engage our professional services team to do the adjustments if you do not feel you can do them yourself.

0 Karma

ciyn
Explorer

Thank you for your reply, I checked.
Can you give me imformation on the name of the performance counter object and the counters used for the query.

Thank you

0 Karma

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This search is specific to Exchange Web Services. If you are not using Exchange Web Services, this is an expected result.

0 Karma

ciyn
Explorer

I did not find this performance counter is searching for English exchange counters. I do not see the raprochement performance counters with the research.

the beginning of the research begins with EventType:

client-ews-usage
eventtype=msexchange-index sourcetype=MSWindows::IIS cs_uri_stem="/EWS/" NOT (cs_username="\$" OR cs_username="-")

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...