Getting Data In

Lookup: local_ip{ having fields threat_key, CIDR range, description}. I want to match ip from index=* to the column CIDR range of lookup where threat_key="abc". How we can do that

shaif95

Lookup: local_ip{ having fields threat_key, CIDR range, description}. I want to match ip from index=* to the column CIDR range of lookup where threat_key="abc". How we can do that

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

whrg
Motivator

Hi! If I understand correctly, your lookup file (let's name it threats.csv) looks like this:

threat_key,cidr_range,description
abc,192.168.0.0/24,Threat A

First, you need to create a lookup definition. Go into Settings / Lookups / Lookup definitions. Create a new one and name it "threats_lookup". Select "File-based" and "threats.csv". Very important: Click on "Advanced options" and under "Match type" enter: CIDR(cidr_range).

Now you should be able to run your search as follows:

index=* ... | table local_ip,...
| eval threat_key="abc"
| lookup threats_lookup threat_key cidr_range AS local_ip OUTPUT description

View solution in original post

0 Karma

shaif95

Here threat_key need to be check in lookup table itself. Like threat_key coloumns can have many values such as
abc
xyz
but for the abc values only how can I compare from lookup.

0 Karma

whrg
Motivator

So when you run your base seach (index=...) you get events which have both the local_ip field as well as the threat_key field. The threat_key field can have different values and only for threat_key="abc" you want to do the lookup. Do I understand correctly?

0 Karma

whrg
Motivator

Hi! If I understand correctly, your lookup file (let's name it threats.csv) looks like this:

threat_key,cidr_range,description
abc,192.168.0.0/24,Threat A

First, you need to create a lookup definition. Go into Settings / Lookups / Lookup definitions. Create a new one and name it "threats_lookup". Select "File-based" and "threats.csv". Very important: Click on "Advanced options" and under "Match type" enter: CIDR(cidr_range).

Now you should be able to run your search as follows:

index=* ... | table local_ip,...
| eval threat_key="abc"
| lookup threats_lookup threat_key cidr_range AS local_ip OUTPUT description
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...