All Apps and Add-ons

Listing applications on a windows system /packages on linux system

rmenezesnse
Engager

I need to create a dashboard to list the servers that have a certain application (windows) or package (linux) installed.
I needed the dashboard to return list of servers that have a certain package along with the version numbers.
For windows i intend to use sourcetype="Script:InstalledApps" and for linux sourcetype=package .
For Windows : The o/p of these commands is a list of applications that have DisplayName= several times in the same ouotput. As a result splunk does not return the list of applications as a field that is indexed. Infact in my case it shows DisplayName="7-Zip 16.02 (x64)" because its the first application returned by the command.
For Linux: The same issue as above. Infact the Name field is not even shown as an interesting field.
How can i write a command that will give me the desired o/p considering the above constraints.?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Hi,

For Windows:
Are software installed on windows machine are listed in windows registry? Windows script will only report installed software recorded in the Windows registry; other software (like putty) will not be reported. Refer this link: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/126533/using-splunk-to-determine-installed-software.html

Also you can take help of following link to create modular input using powershell script:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/444328/how-to-list-out-unwanted-software-installed-on-use.html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...