Reporting

List of all Admin Users report

dcrooks_cbp

I have the search to list the Admins in Splunk. I need to have it as a saved search or dashboard a non-Admin can save the screen shot. Seems I need like to run the search in elevated privileges. Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You, as a admin, can setup a summary index OR a lookup table with list of Admin users. That way you can make it available to non-admin users (by setting proper permissions for the index or for the lookup table). You can use 2nd link from @harishalipaka's comment below for query to get the list.

0 Karma

dcrooks_cbp

Yes, I have the search. Just wish Splunk had a way a user could run the search as an admin to get all the results. I think we also tried to do a scheduled report and that failed.

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I would suggest you save your scheduled search report into a lookup table (using outputlookup command) OR into a summary index (to an index accessible by all). Then your non-admin users can write a search based off your lookup table (inputlookup command) OR against the summary index.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...