Installation

License violation message

heterodyned
Path Finder

We received 4 alerts of License violations and the last message was around July 1, 2010. For somereason the messages havent cleared yet. Does it persist for a 30 day period for multiple license violations ( < 5)

Tags (1)
0 Karma
3 Solutions

Genti
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The license should clear 30 days after the latest violation. Last one was july 1st, so it should clear july 31st.

If it has not cleared yet it might be because of the time on which it happened? (ie, check back and notify support if it has not cleared by Aug 1st)

View solution in original post

Takajian
Builder

I see install manual. "Search capabilities return when you have fewer than 5 (Enterprise) or 3 (Free) violations in the previous 30 days or when you apply a new license with a larger volume limit. "

http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/4.1.4/Installation/AboutSplunklicenses

If last one was july 1st, so it will clear when the violation count is 4 in previous 30 days. It may be before july 31st. What do you think? I am not sure which is correct.

0 Karma

heterodyned
Path Finder

Splunk license violation messages DONT clear, eventhough you may be safe from the violation period. It is just to show you the number of violations taken place in the past for **reference

0 Karma

heterodyned
Path Finder

Splunk license violation messages DONT clear, eventhough you may be safe from the violation period. It is just to show you the number of violations taken place in the past for **reference

0 Karma

Takajian
Builder

I see install manual. "Search capabilities return when you have fewer than 5 (Enterprise) or 3 (Free) violations in the previous 30 days or when you apply a new license with a larger volume limit. "

http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/4.1.4/Installation/AboutSplunklicenses

If last one was july 1st, so it will clear when the violation count is 4 in previous 30 days. It may be before july 31st. What do you think? I am not sure which is correct.

0 Karma

heterodyned
Path Finder

There seems to be a bug, as it hasnt cleared yet

0 Karma

Genti
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The license should clear 30 days after the latest violation. Last one was july 1st, so it should clear july 31st.

If it has not cleared yet it might be because of the time on which it happened? (ie, check back and notify support if it has not cleared by Aug 1st)

heterodyned
Path Finder

The last message was at July 1st - 12:01am,

So I am guessing I have to wait till Aug-1st

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...