Security

License renewal issues

mcantrell_pids

I let our license elapse for a few days before I applied the new one. Now it says "Your Splunk Light license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times". Judging from the responses here, I need to contact support to get a reset license.

I cannot figure out how to contact support without an entitlement. Surely I can fix this without purchasing an entitlement. Am I missing something obvious?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you have just purchased a new license it should by default come with a support entitlement. If you don't have access to your support entitlement, talk to the person in your org that received the license. If they don't either, talk to the org that sold you the license.

What likely happened: you had several days without a valid license, each day counted as a warning, and you're now over your allowed warnings per 30 day window. Without a reset key from support you'd have to wait for those 30 days.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you have just purchased a new license it should by default come with a support entitlement. If you don't have access to your support entitlement, talk to the person in your org that received the license. If they don't either, talk to the org that sold you the license.

What likely happened: you had several days without a valid license, each day counted as a warning, and you're now over your allowed warnings per 30 day window. Without a reset key from support you'd have to wait for those 30 days.

0 Karma

mcantrell_pids

The key was setup to auto-renew and it was mailed to me automatically (from a noreply address). We originally purchased the license years ago and I don't have a sales contact. I guess I'll dig around and try to contact their sales department.

This is kind of a mess.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...