Monitoring Splunk

Lexmark Event Logging Message Reference

CWH617

Hi, i am currently looking for a Lexmark Event Logging Message Reference as i am currently working on Live Logging from Lexmark to Splunk. However the Lexmark Event Logging Message Reference seems to not exist whereas there is an Event Logging Message Reference for HP Printer Security. I want to know if there are any existing Lexmark Security Event Logging Message References.Thanks in advance.

The Lexmark Printer im currently working on is the CX725. Below link is to the HP Event Logging Message Reference for reference as im looking for something similar

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05120993

Tags (1)
0 Karma

CWH617

Hi Adonio, thanks for replying. Im currently looking to create live log events from the Lexmark Printer into Splunk. However without the message reference, im unable to know what type of events am i required to create as per my project requirement. Similar to HP Message Reference, i wanted to find a Lexmark Message Reference where it gives examples of the different types of event logs the printers produce i.e Authentication, IPSec, etc

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Not a real answer, but a quick google http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Lexmark+printer+Message+Reference brings back tons of printer messages reference PDF's

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

CWH617

Hi MuS, im looking for printer message references similar to the HP one, the link i posted below my question

0 Karma

CWH617

I have tried searching Google all over for it, but they do not specify explicit types of event logs

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

CWH617

As the link suggests, that message reference is for Lexmark Model T522 only and not CX725

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

what data are you trying to capture?
you can monitor the windows print monitoring data, iirc (and imho) its verbose enough to answer almost any use case i came across in the past.
can you elaborate on your use case?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...