Knowledge Management

KVStore Backup for Search Head

santosh_hb
Explorer

Hi All, I am currently performing upgrade of my entire Splunk cluster environment.
While performing the Search Head upgrade, do I really need to take KVStore backup?
My understanding is: All the data including kvstore data will be stored on Indexers and while doing the upgrade of Indexers we can take the backup of KVStore.
If in case, KVStore backup is required on Search Head, what is the purpose of it as I understand that Search Head doesn't have any important KVStore data that needs to be backedup.

I see that there are multiple apps within the Search Head that are running and few apps might use these KVStore data. But, isn't the actual storage of KVStore data happens on Indexers?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

starcher
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.5/Admin/BackupKVstore

No KVStore resides on search heads not indexers. See the docs link above for kvstore backup instructions.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...