All Apps and Add-ons

JobProgressIndicator - Progress bar does not appear

rlautman
Path Finder

I have been trying to get a search progress bar to appear on a large form that takes quite a while to load. I have tried inserting the JobProgressIndicator module in several places, including above and below the HiddenSearch module but to no avail. In other examples I have seen it nested within the HiddenFieldPicker module however the form I am editing does not contain this module. Below is the xml I am using, I have highlighted where I have again tried to action the JobProgressIndicator. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am quite new to Splunk and xml.

module name="JobProgressIndicator" layoutpanel="panel_row2_col1_grp1">

module name="HiddenSearch" layoutPanel="panel_row3_col1_grp1" autoRun="True" group="KCI - 0">

index="b2bapps" sourcetype="b2b_audit" earliest=-0d@d latest=now ("OrderPending" AND b2b_LText="Message sent to Trading Partner") OR ("AddOrder" AND b2b_LText="Received request from Trading Partner") | eval Flag = if(b2b_LText=="Received request from Trading Partner","Request","Response") | eventstats count as ttl by Flag | fields _time,IssueDateTime,E2E_busTxnSeq,ttl,Flag | eval RequestReceived =strptime(IssueDateTime,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S") | stats count(eval(((_time-RequestReceived)/60)<30)) as KCI0_1 count(eval(((_time-RequestReceived)/60)<60)) as KCI0_2 count(eval(((_time-RequestReceived)/60)>60)) as KCI0_3 count(eval(Flag=="Request")) as RequestCount count(eval(Flag=="Response")) as ResponseCount by Flag | eval 95%=(KCI0_1/ResponseCount)*100 | eval 98%=(KCI0_2/ResponseCount)*100 | eval TargetMiss=(KCI0_3/ResponseCount)*100 | stats max(RequestCount) as Reqcount max(ResponseCount) as Total max(95%) as 95% max(98%) as 98%,max(TargetMiss) as TargetMiss|fillnull value=0 95%,98%,TargetMiss

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

stefano_guidoba
Communicator

Hi,
please try this way:

<module name="HiddenSearch" layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1_grp1" autoRun="True" group="KCI - 0">
  <param name="search">...</param>
  <module name="JobProgressIndicator">
    <module name="EnablePreview">
      <param name="enable">True</param>
  <param name="display">False</param>
    </module>
  </module>
</module>

What are you using for showing this results? A SimpleResultsTable?

Regards,
Stefano

View solution in original post

stefano_guidoba
Communicator

Hi,
please try this way:

<module name="HiddenSearch" layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1_grp1" autoRun="True" group="KCI - 0">
  <param name="search">...</param>
  <module name="JobProgressIndicator">
    <module name="EnablePreview">
      <param name="enable">True</param>
  <param name="display">False</param>
    </module>
  </module>
</module>

What are you using for showing this results? A SimpleResultsTable?

Regards,
Stefano

rlautman
Path Finder

Hi Stefano, this seems to have worked, many thanks 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...