Archive

Issue with Dashboard visualizations

Communicator

hi ,
i have installed a Splunk instance on my linux machine with Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange app and its dependent apps installed. I have to monitor Exchange server 2007 so i installed a universal windows 64 bit forwarder on exchnage server 2007. I have kept TA-Addons

• TA-Exchange-2007-CAS
  • TA-Windows-2003-Exchange-IIS
  • TA-Exchange-2007-HubTransport
  • TA-Exchange-2007-MailboxStore
  • TA-SMTP-Reputation

in %SPLUNK_HOME%\etc\apps on forwarder .
i am getting data for msexchange index but there is issue with perfmon index i am not gettting data in there. and also i am not getting dash board visualizations.
i am in need for my team . any help will be appreciable. thanks in advance

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you are using the Splunk 5.0 Universal Forwarder, then the method of configuring perfmon has changed which is incompatible with the current plug-ins. Read the following: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0/Data/Real-timeWindowsperformancemonitoring

Once you have done that, you will be able to convert the perfmon.conf to inputs.conf and that should fix the perfmon issue.

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Now that you have perfmon data, take a look at the other data. Please post a list of source types that you are getting data for within the msexchange index.

0 Karma

Communicator

hi,
i rolled back to 4.3 forwarder and now i am getting data in perfmon index, i am getting dashboard forperformance , but all other dash board are not making up ..please help me on this.. thanks in advance..

0 Karma
Don’t Miss Global Splunk
User Groups Week!

Free LIVE events worldwide 2/8-2/12
Connect, learn, and collect rad prizes
and swag!