Splunk Search

Is there a way to use VLOOKUP function in Splunk?

vs2d

Hello,

Among all the jobs that are running on mainframe I need to bring back the ones that correspond specifically to Control-M. For that matter there's .csv file that contains APPL column with 3-4 alphanumeric values that correspond to the first 3-4 JOBNAME values that are specific to Control-M. So I am wondering if there is the way to rebuild VLOOKUP function in Splunk that looking up .csv data it will bring back only JOBNAMEs that correspond to those APPL values?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend
0 Karma

lfedak_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @vs2d, if they answered your question, please remember to "√Accept" an answer to award karma points and to let other Splunkers know there’s a working solution. We’re hosting a karma point contest, so it’s particularly awesome to up vote on Answers these days. 😄

0 Karma

andrewfrantz
Engager

As the other responder said, I would set up an automatic pivot for the CSV file. You could then use a wildcard on the pivoted data field to ignore the rest of the string.

This link can be used for instructions on how to setup lookups:

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You probably need to setup Lookup with wildcard match. See this

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/52580/can-we-use-wildcard-characters-in-a-lookup-table.html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...