Getting Data In

Is it possible to manually add data to an event collector index

diliptmonson
Explorer

I have created an event collector index and I have some past information which needs to be added in the same index to which event collector is configured.
I tried to add the data through ' Add Data' from Splunk Web. However I was not able to add any data into the event collector index.
Would you know if we will be able to manually add the data to event collector indexes

Tags (2)
0 Karma

pgreer_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you talking about the HTTP event collector?

Event Collector info here

If so, then yes, you can manually inject data into the HTTP event collector through utilities such as the *nix (and MacOS) cURL command.

See This Docs Page at the bottom on how to use cURL to pass data into the HTTP event collector (using your URL and your event collector token.
Once you have tested via command line, you could script (in your favorite scripting language) a bulk load of any batch data or historical data that you'd wish to upload into your HTTP event collector index.

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

YOu couldn't add data from Splunk Web because you didn't find the index in the dropdown?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...