Deployment Architecture

Is it possible to identify Disk latency on Splunk indexers?

mallempatisreed
Explorer

hi All,

Recently we have seens bucket corruption issues in our cluster. Upon chekcing with support they concluded that the root cause might be disk latency issues. Is it possible to monitor the Disk Health parameters of indexer servers in Splunk ?

Thanks,
Sree

0 Karma

nilbak1
Communicator

You can look for resource usage for every splunk servers under DMC in Resource Usage tab like
CPU usage
Memory Usage
Disk Usage
I/O operations
I/O bandwidth utilization

You can also look for resource_usage.log for _introspection index for a particular splunk server

0 Karma

Jeremiah
Motivator

Take a look at the Distributed Management Console, it should help you detect problems on your indexers, including poor disk performance (located on the Resource dashboards). You can configure a single DMC to collect data from all of your indexers and search heads.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.2/DMC/DMCoverview

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...