Installation

Is it posible to downgrade Splunk enterprise to Splunk free version?

stoksoz

Is it posible to downgrade from Splunk enterprise to Splunk free version? We are currently using the Splunk Enterprose version, and would like to downgrade to free version of splunk. How we can operate this downgrade withput loosing any log data?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion
0 Karma

andrey2007
Contributor

Sure it is possible, you can change license to "Free license" under Licensing menu in Settings tab and stored data will not be lost (such easy way only for all in one installations!).

But you will face limitations of free license like access control, usage of distributed environment, daily data volume and etc.

You can read here more about Splunk licenses and limitations of free license
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.3/Admin/TypesofSplunklicenses

pcsegal1
Explorer

Hi, could you please elaborate on "such easy way only for all in one installations"?
If I have an indexer cluster with 3 indexers, and one search head, is there any special procedure that needs to be performed to ensure the indexers will preserve the already existing data?

0 Karma

ajhstn
Explorer

Thanks, this answered my question.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...