Splunk Search

Is Maxmind GeoIP 2 compatible with Splunk?

ECovell
Path Finder

Is Maxmind GeoIP 2 compatible with Splunk? Does anyone use any of their other products integrated in Splunk, and how well do they work?

0 Karma
1 Solution

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I haven't used it, but generally, if they can export their results in plain text format, they are compatible with splunk. From the quick glance I've had, they support csv to im/export data, so you're good to go.

View solution in original post

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I haven't used it, but generally, if they can export their results in plain text format, they are compatible with splunk. From the quick glance I've had, they support csv to im/export data, so you're good to go.

ECovell
Path Finder

I spoke with a representative from Maxmind and they assured me that their product would work in Splunk. What I am looking for is; do we need to remove the old instance or can we overwrite whats already there?

Thank you Jeff for the quick response!

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You mean you have already indexed data from an older version? You can keep it if you need it, and if there's nothing new added from the new version then that's what I would recommend. Overwriting is not really something you do in splunk, you would have to delete and re-index.
I don't really know about your content though, I just wanted to point out that technically, your data is compatible.

ECovell
Path Finder

Thank you Jeff! That's the answer I was looking for. We really don't have that much information indexed through Maxmind so reinstalling would not kill us.

Again,
Thank you very much!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...