All Apps and Add-ons

Installing add-on on multiple forwarder

jadengoho
Builder

I have a cluster environment , i want to install a specific add-on from splunk-base to the (5)Universal Forwarder .
How can i do it , is there a way to install it and just deploy it to the 5(UF) or i should install it manually in (5)UF ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Do you have deployment server?

0 Karma

jadengoho
Builder

Hi p_gurav , yes i do have a deployment server

0 Karma

David_Naylor
Path Finder

Hello,

You are looking for the function of forwarder management which can be obtained through the use of a Deployment server

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.0.3/Updating/Aboutdeploymentserver

If you do not have a deployment server you will need to install it manually on each forwarder (or use some other type of automated/scripted deployment software)

jadengoho
Builder

I just want to install an add-on on the 5 UF , can the deployment server do that ?

0 Karma

David_Naylor
Path Finder
0 Karma

jadengoho
Builder

im quite confuse on the process.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...