Security

Indexing Quota with Free License

cvajs
Contributor

v4.3.1 on sles 11.1

just finished a enterprise eval so when i logged in today i got some over quota messages. i made sure in Manager > Licensing that it is now Free lic model.

my daily indexing volume is ~150MB, so why these warning messages? it has thus disabled searching per the Free model, why?

Correct by midnight to avoid violation Learn more   This pool contains slave(s) with 4 warnings     myHost  auto_generated_pool_free    free    pool_warning_count

Apr 16, 2012 12:00:00 AM
(11 hours ago)  Indexing quota exceeded for this pool, poolsz=0 bytes   myHost  auto_generated_pool_enterprise  enterprise  license_window
    Apr 15, 2012 12:00:00 AM
(1 day ago)     Indexing quota exceeded for this pool, poolsz=0 bytes   myHost  auto_generated_pool_enterprise  enterprise  license_window
    Apr 14, 2012 12:00:00 AM
(2 days ago)    Indexing quota exceeded for this pool, poolsz=0 bytes   myHost  auto_generated_pool_enterprise  enterprise  license_window
    Apr 13, 2012 12:00:00 AM
(3 days ago)    Indexing quota exceeded for this pool, poolsz=0 bytes   myHost  auto_generated_pool_enterprise  enterprise  license_window
Tags (3)
0 Karma

kaililleby

Did you ever find a solution other than waiting for 30 days?

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

Well according to the log messages you have exceeded the indexing volume three times (which means a 30 day search shutdown).

To overcome this you will either have to wait 30 days for search to return or perhaps do a clean install and migrate over your data.

0 Karma

cvajs
Contributor

well, according the the stats for _internal index my daily indexing doesnt surpass 160MB. and, how could i exceed the quota if i had 50GB trial lic installed and then went to free, these messages came instantly right after the trial lic expired and i switched to free.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...