Splunk Search

In the job inspection report what does the value 'command.search.expand_search' relate to?

Ruttager
Engager

Hi,

I'm very new to Splunk and I'm looking at a single node instance that's being used in our office to store a large amount of data (over 1 billion records) the performance is off with most searches taking minutes to complete. I was looking at the job inspector to see where the delays were lying and I was expected to see a lot of IO delay (which I do) However, there is this one field command.search.expand_search which takes about 50% of the total search time to complete, googling it brings up nothing. Can anyone shed any light on what is actually happening underneath?

Thanks

Tags (1)

Ruttager
Engager

Splunk version is 7.0.0

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...