Getting Data In

Importing CSV

edgarsilva01
Path Finder

Hi everyone,

I am ingesting csv files that contain information about views of certain web pages,
These files are updated once a day.

I need that when the file is updated take only the new events.

Example: If the first file ends on day 20, for the second time it is updated I am no longer interested in seeing old events
I just want splunk to take the values ​​from day 21.

Will they have any idea how I can do it?

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

Configure your forwarder to use "batch" instead of "monitor", and set "move_policy =sinkhole".

This will cause the forwarder to delete the file after it's been ingested. Once your process creates a new file, the forwarder will pick it up and you'll get only the new results.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/Inputsconf#BATCH_.28.22Upload_a_file.22_in...

Ignore the "Upload a File" portion in the documentation. Not sure why that is there, it's misleading.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is the entire file re-written every day or are the latest results appended to the file?
What are the inputs.conf settings for the file?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...