Deployment Architecture

If I disabled a database input 1 month ago, but want to enable it to only get yesterday's logs, what do I do?

avis1119

I configured one firewall on splunk through database inputs. I disabled that port one month ago, but I want to enable it now. My question is, if I enable it now, will all the previous month's logs will come or not? If I want only the logs from yesterday, what changes do I have to do?

0 Karma

mchang_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, All data created after you disabled the port will be push to Splunk.

Based on the dbmon-tail input http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/1.1.6/DeployDBX/Configuredatabasemonitoring#How_dbmon-tail_... ,
for example, if you have ID as a rising_column, you can limit the data by setting like this:
SELECT customer_id, last_name, first_name FROM customer Where ID > 12345 {{AND $rising_column$ > ?}}
With this limit, only ID > 12345 will be push into Splunk.

0 Karma

bobbyfaber
Explorer

I would imagine that this is driven by the actual query used to pull the data. Can you share?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...