Splunk Search

INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS after data passed through a Universal Forwarde

TiagoTLD1
Communicator

Hello

I have a UF that will send the data to another UF. I want to send the data uncooked to the second UF, and only then, to do the INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS of csv.

As Splunk Documentation says, Forwarded data skips the following queues on the indexer, which precludes any parsing of that data on the indexer:

• parsing
  • aggregation
  • typing

So how can I force the data to go through the parsing queue again in order to make de extractions only on UF2?

Is there a place where I can find the syntax for route=has_key etc... ?

Thanks in advance

0 Karma

TiagoTLD1
Communicator

Yes I am aware of the options in search time and index time. I really need to make some comparisons so Could you please tell me how to do that on my own account?

What is the syntax of route has_key? What are all the queues that can be specified there? Is structuredparsing the name of the queue where indexed extractions are done?

Thanks

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Why do you need indexed extractions? You could do search-time field extractions on the indexer (or search head if you are using a search head). This would avoid the whole problem, and is usually better than indexed extractions.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...