Dashboards & Visualizations

IBM WebSphere App Dashboards

mgranger1
Path Finder

Hey Gang,

I have successfully installed (or at least I think I was successful) the IBM WebSphere App (version 3.0.0) into my Splunk Enterprise 6.2.3 Environment. I am successfully receiving several different sourcetypes of logs and the data seems to be flowing well. When I read the documentation for the IBM WebSphere App it references several built in Dashboards and Views. However, when I navigate to the App, all I see is the "Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux: Setup" with no reference to any Dashboards. I'm not sure if this is what I should be seeing, or if there is a way to see more. Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled to be getting any data at all, but I was hoping for some pre-built visibility using some of the Dashboards they mention. I just can't seem to find them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Matthew Granger

0 Karma

alutz_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The dashboards can be built out of the prebuilt panels installed by the app. To build your dashboard the way you want it.
To use them search and reporting --> dashboards --> New (name it ) --> Add Panel -->choose from Add Prebuilt Panel. then you will see IBM WAS...

Hope this helps
Andrew

0 Karma

u192612

Hi Andrew,
Similar situation I have, I could see all the Prebulit IBM WAS under dashboard panel. When we select any of them, don't see data flowing into it. However can see the logs are indexing properly and can see it in search head. Please can you suggest what needs to do further so that can see the data in dashboard from all the Prebuilt IBM WAS items..

Thanks
Yash

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...