Getting Data In

I unable to initialize modular input "TA-Akamai_SIEM" defined inside the app "Splunk_TA_siem_connector"?

kaushik3g
Engager

I am getting the below error.

Unable to initialize modular input "TA-Akamai_SIEM" defined inside the app "Splunk_TA_siem_connector": Introspecting scheme=TA-Akamai_SIEM: Unable to run "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_siem_connector/bin/TA-Akamai_SIEM.sh --scheme": child failed to start: Permission denied

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

iamarkaprabha
Contributor

Hi ,

This is not permission issue. This issue is happening due to java path issue. I had similar issue few days back.
Add the java path of your server , it will resolve the issue and the modular input will work.

For testing purpose , try running the script TA-Akamai_SIEM.sh. I believe it will show the java issue

View solution in original post

iamarkaprabha
Contributor

Hi ,

This is not permission issue. This issue is happening due to java path issue. I had similar issue few days back.
Add the java path of your server , it will resolve the issue and the modular input will work.

For testing purpose , try running the script TA-Akamai_SIEM.sh. I believe it will show the java issue

kaushik3g
Engager

Yes , I was getting the java error.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...