Splunk Search

I have downloaded Hunk VM (hunk-6.2-237464-Linux-x86_64.tgz) but unable to access local hadoop to test sample data

pfurlani
Explorer

I have built the Virtual Box vm with hunk-6.2-237464-Linux-x86_64.tgz and followed the tutorial.
I would like to add some sample data to the local hadoop to test real case scenarios... how do I do that?
I am unable to run any "hdfs dfs -put ..." command to add data to the cluster... however I can see the data used in the tutorial through the web interface.

Paolo.

0 Karma
1 Solution

pfurlani
Explorer

I managed to connect to root on the Hunk 6.2 sandbox, however still having problems accessing the local hadoop environment:
root@hunk-VirtualBox:~# jps
2716 ResourceManager
9772 Jps
2526 SecondaryNameNode
2148 DataNode
2942 NodeManager
root@hunk-VirtualBox:~# hadoop fs -ls /
14/12/04 14:01:25 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
ls: Call From hunk-VirtualBox/127.0.1.1 to localhost:9000 failed on connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused; For more details see: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ConnectionRefused

Please help, I would like to explore Hunk with my sample data.

Thanks,
Paolo.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

pfurlani
Explorer

I managed to connect to root on the Hunk 6.2 sandbox, however still having problems accessing the local hadoop environment:
root@hunk-VirtualBox:~# jps
2716 ResourceManager
9772 Jps
2526 SecondaryNameNode
2148 DataNode
2942 NodeManager
root@hunk-VirtualBox:~# hadoop fs -ls /
14/12/04 14:01:25 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
ls: Call From hunk-VirtualBox/127.0.1.1 to localhost:9000 failed on connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused; For more details see: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ConnectionRefused

Please help, I would like to explore Hunk with my sample data.

Thanks,
Paolo.

0 Karma

pfurlani
Explorer

Somehow the vm was corrupted... I have re-downloaded and now it works.
Thanks for the help nhaddadkaveh.

Paolo.

0 Karma

nhaddadkaveh_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I would suggest stop all Hadoop process and start them again by running the following commands as root:

/etc/init.d/hadoop-master stop

/etc/init.d/hadoop-master start

If this didn't help I would suggest to download the sandbox again since the current one may have been corrupted.

0 Karma

nhaddadkaveh_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I am assuming you have download the Hunk sandbox (hunk sandbox 6.2.ova) from the website. If that is the case you need to be user "root" in order to add data into HDFS. The password is "hunkadmin".

0 Karma

nhaddadkaveh_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

When you login to the sandbox the default user is "hunk". You need to change it to "root" as I mentioned by:

$ su -
password:hunkadmin

When you are root, type:

jps

to make sure the expected Hadoop processes are running. If Hadoop is not running you can type the following to start Hadoop:

/etc/init.d/hadoop-master start

After that you can type either of these two to access to your data:

hadoop fs -ls /

hdfs dfs -ls /

0 Karma

pfurlani
Explorer

Hi there, thanks for the answer... however that password doesn't work for me.
I managed to get to root with "sudo su -" from the hank user session in the terminal...
however when I execute (with root) something like "hdfs dfs -ls /" I got errors like "Unable to load native-hadoop library..." "Connection refused..."
Any idea why?

Thanks for the help.
Paolo.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...