Getting Data In

I have a data that I'm manually ingesting the data from Splunk WEB but I don't have time stamp in my log but I have field that has time but no time in it . so I need that has my time stamp with default 00:00:00:000 has time for me ,how ?

aorkcreate

I have a data that I'm manually ingesting the data from Splunk WEB but I don't have time stamp in my log but I have field that has time but no time in it . so I need that has my time stamp with default 00:00:00:000 has time for me ,how ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

varad_joshi
Communicator

You need to look into timestamp assignments. If there is no timestamp at all then you might as well take index time as timestamp. In which case _time field will be populated with index time values. Check more in the URL below.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.2/Data/HowSplunkextractstimestamps

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

hello there,
can you please elaborate on your challenge?
what exactly are you trying to do?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...