Knowledge Management

I do a search for an index and it finds it. I look in the web interface for indexes and it is not listed. I look in data inputs and it is listed there as an index. Why does the web interface not show it in the indexes?

mdennis0177

I do a search for an index and it finds it. I look in the web interface for indexes and it is not listed. I look in data inputs and it is listed there as an index. Why does the web interface not show it in the indexes?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

pruthvikrishnap
Contributor

Hi,

In this case indexes to replicate they have to be created on Indexer, and from Search Head UI If you want to access the Indexes created on Indexer, you will have to create indexes similar indexes on the search head as well.
These indexes on Search Heads will not store data but they are required to be created to appear in dropdown on management views.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you have separate search head(s) and indexer(s)? They each use different lists of indexes which you must keep in sync yourself.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

vr2312
Contributor

This is mostly because the indexes.conf are stored in the indexers and are not created locally at the Search Head.

You might want to create a local indexes.conf file on the Search head locally for you to able to see it via the web interface.

But do make sure the values and configuration matches with the indexes.conf present in the indexers.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...