All Apps and Add-ons

Hunk sizing

sansri7680
Path Finder

Hi

I am doing an application in Splunk that processes that processes 200K records per second fetched from Hadoop. What is the sizing that I need to look at for the licensing. I could see in Hunk that virtual indexes are created for Hadoop data to be processed. Does the indexing of data using these virtual indexes count on the per day data limit in Hunk license. Can someone help me on this

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Subbu

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

csharp_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Subbu, Hunk is licensed based on the size of your Hadoop cluster, in terms of the number of nodes in your cluster (Task Trackers specifically). We are processing the data in place in Hadoop, and you need only a Hunk Search Head to point towards the Hadoop cluster to process that data. You shouldn't need to care about data size or events. We assume you are scaling your Hadoop cluster according to your own needs in terms of storage and processing.

View solution in original post

csharp_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Subbu, Hunk is licensed based on the size of your Hadoop cluster, in terms of the number of nodes in your cluster (Task Trackers specifically). We are processing the data in place in Hadoop, and you need only a Hunk Search Head to point towards the Hadoop cluster to process that data. You shouldn't need to care about data size or events. We assume you are scaling your Hadoop cluster according to your own needs in terms of storage and processing.

sansri7680
Path Finder

thanks very much. this info will be very useful for me

0 Karma

csharp_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

No, we do not care about data volume in Hunk. It is only based on the size of your cluster.

sansri7680
Path Finder

Thank you very much. I have another question. When you say Hunk license is based on size of the hadoop cluster, is there any limit to the amount of data that hunk can handle per day as per the licenses?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...