All Apps and Add-ons

How to verify that Splunk_IPS plugin is working

rnutter

I am trying to get the Splunk_IPS plugin to work. I cant see that it is trying to get SDEE data from the IPS sensors. Using Cisco's IPSME app, I can verify that the sensor is sending out data.

Wasnt sure if short of using wireshark that there was any way to tell that the plugin is working ?
I found the config file and verified that it was using the correct account and password are being used.

Thanks,
Ron

Tags (1)
0 Karma

jbsplunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

All Time, Real Time search is your friend. How is the data getting into splunk? I would try doing a search for either the source or sourcetype over all time, real time. This will show you what exactly is coming into Splunk via the search app. It could be that the data doesn't have the proper sourcetype/source applied to it and therefore isn't matching the criteria specified by the search in the app.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...