Splunk Search

How to use the new scheduler most efficently?

HeinzWaescher
Motivator

Hi,

I've got hundreds of searches that are scheduled ervry night from 00:00 to 6:00. It does not matter when they will be finished unless it is before 7:00.
What is the best approach to use the new scheduler in Splunk 6.3 for this usecase? As far as understand it, it could be a good option to schedule all searches at 00:00 and setup a window of 6 hours. So the scheduler would be able to run the searches most efficently. Is this a correct assumption or could it cause problems to schedule all search at once?

Thanks in advance
Heinz

0 Karma

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Heinz, that seems reasonable based on my reading of the documentation. More info can be found here: https://conf.splunk.com/session/2015/conf2015_PLucas_Splunk_SplunkEntWhatsNew_MakingTheMostOf.pdf

Please let me know if this helps!

HeinzWaescher
Motivator

Too me as well, but I'm not sure whether this is intended 😉
That's a great talk about the scheduler changes!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...