Splunk Search

How to use a Lookup table to search against two sourcetypes with a common field that's named differently

cryptosmasher86

I have two sources from Log files: “source1web”, “source2auth”, they both list IP addresses, but are named differently, source1web the field is “Server”, “and source2auth is “IP1”.

I need to check both logs against a lookup table “lookup1” the field in the lookup table is “Server”

Searching against 1 source works
index=index1 sourcetype=source1web [| inputlookup lookup1.csv | fields Server] |

index=index1 sourcetype=source2auth [| inputlookup lookup1.csv | fields Server | rename Server as IP1] |

when I have tried to combine the 2 it doesn't produce any results

Tags (1)
0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

you're trying to combine the two searches into one and have one inputlookup?

have you tried renaming IP1 in source2auth as Server before the lookup instead of doing it in the lookup?

(index=index1 sourcetype=source1web) OR (index=index1 sourcetype=source2auth)|eval Server=coalesce(Server,IP1)|join Server [| inputlookup lookup1.csv | fields Server]

cryptosmasher86

Worked perfectly thank you

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Make sure that you click Accept to close the question and reward the answerer with Karma points.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...