Splunk Dev

How to use Wordpress Plugin with Splunk Cloud Trial

chrisnunchuck

My company uses Splunk, so I'm learning how to use it on Splunk Lite Cloud Trial.
I downloaded the Wordpress plugin SplunkVIz from Github and set it to my cloud instance, but it won't connect:

Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Splunk_ConnectException' with message 'fopen(https://<hostname>.cloud.splunk.com:8089/services/search/jobs/): failed to open stream: Connection refused' in /home1/reactory/public_html/plumbing101/wp-content/plugins/SplunkViz/splunk-sdk/Splunk/Http.php:118

Stack trace:
Is this because it is a trial?

I also created a fedora VM to test a forwarder, but that also fails with 'cooked connection ...timed out'

Tags (1)
0 Karma

pgreer_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I've confirmed that the API can be available from connections/applications outside of the cloud environment. It may be that POC's by default are closed where contracted instances the API is open. None the less, if you're needing the functionality during a trial for deciding factors of whether or not to add functionality to an existing contracted instance or whether or not to move forward with a contracted instance in general, I'm certain support and sales would be happy to open up the API for your use case.

bmacias84
Champion

The person who built that plugin looks to have built it using an on prem installation of splunk not a cloud instance. You need contact support to see if they will open up the Api to the public.

0 Karma

chrisnunchuck

Thanks for responding. I believe you are likely correct.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...