Alerting

How to stop the alerts on maintenance window on a specific day?

yamini26

We have a monthly release on every month third week Saturday from 1:30 AM to 7 AM and also have regular Sunday maintenance window every week from 2 AM to 5 AM.I want to stop the alerts to be triggering during this two maintenance window.Could someone help me on this.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@yamini26, while events created Sunday with specific hours can be filtered in the base search using date_wday and date_hour, third saturday of month can not be identified in the base search. So your query might look like the following:

<YourBaseSearch> ((date_wday="monday") OR (date_wday="tuesday") OR (date_wday="wednesday") OR (date_wday="thursday") OR (date_wday="friday") OR (date_wday="saturday") OR (date_wday="sunday") AND (date_hour<2 OR date_hour>5))
| eval weekOfMonth=floor(date_mday/7)+1
| search (date_wday!="saturday") OR (date_wday="saturday" AND weekOfMonth!=3) OR (date_wday="saturday" AND weekOfMonth=3 AND ((date_hour<1 AND date_minute<30) OR date_hour>7)
| <YourRemainingSearch>

Another approach could be to have deployment/maintenance window (Date or DateTime) in csv, which you should have at Enterprise so that you can filter blackout time in base search using inputlookup.

stufty
Path Finder

the eval expression in line 2 abvoe:
| eval weekOfMonth=floor(date_mday/7)+1
should be
| eval date_weekOfMonth=floor((date_mday-1)/7)+1

otherwise the 21st would show as being on the 4th week, for instance.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi yamini26,
you could insert in your search an exclusion condition:

your_search NOT (date_wday=sunday date_hour>1 date_hour<6)

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

yamini26

Can you tell me how to stop the alerts on every third week Saturday and every week Sunday.Timings are already mentioned in my question.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi yamini26,
Sorry I forgot the other condition.
you could insert in your search an exclusion condition:

your_search NOT ((date_wday=sunday OR (date_wday=saturday date_mday>15 date_mday<22)) date_hour>1 date_hour<6)

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

aakwah
Builder

have a look to this answer, hope it helps

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...