Splunk Search

How to stack all error codes per endpoints from a table?

dotekien

Context:
Each or transactions has its unique RequestId, and in Splunk search, we will have multiple rows with the same RequestId to describe all the activities of a given transaction.

Goal:
stack all error codes per endpoints so we can have a chart with the x-axis is endpoints and the y-axis are a count of errorCodes per endpoint

Here is my solution which I feel very close but still cannot get what I want 😞 Looking for your advice on either my solution or any other solutions. Thanks

Search query:

index=xyz sourcetype=tomcat_epf_app
[search index=xyz sourcetype=tomcat_epf_app "ERROR ControllerAdvice" OR "ERROR Reporter" | fields + RequestId | fields - _* | rename RequestId as search | format "" "" "OR" "" "OR" "" ] 
| rex "ErrorCode\-(?<code>\d{3,3})\-" 
| eval endpoints=case(searchmatch("/login"),"/login", searchmatch("/subscription"),"/subscription",searchmatch("/email"),"/email")
| table endpoints, RequestId, code | where isnotnull(code) OR isnotnull(endpoints) | sort str(RequestId)

Result:

alt text

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

If you could put sample data, we could have put exactly as you requested, but assuming from your SPL, please try below (i've changed your SPL to be better performing)

index=xyz sourcetype=tomcat_epf_app ("ERROR ControllerAdvice" OR "ERROR Reporter" ) 
 | rex "ErrorCode\-(?<code>\d{3,3})\-" 
 | eval endpoints=case(searchmatch("/login"),"/login", searchmatch("/subscription"),"/subscription",searchmatch("/email"),"/email")
 | stats count(endpoints)  by RequestId

you can do chart also instead of stats

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...