Dashboards & Visualizations

How to show values only for data overlay in a chart?

anuremanan88
Explorer

I have a bar chart with a data overlay in it. The chart shows the data values for the fields "Error" "Warn" and "Total". I require the chart to show values only for the field "Total". Other two fields "Error" and " Warn" should not show any values. alt text

Tags (1)

mdsnmss
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

When you open up the edit visualization you can turn off the "Show Data Values". This will turn off the overlay values for all fields though. You can get the values by hovering over each part of the chart but it doesn't look like there is an easy way to get just "Totals" to show the value. For the option <option name="charting.chart.showDataLabels">all</option>, only "all", "none", and "minmax" are available options. Here is the Chart XML reference: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.0.2/Viz/ChartConfigurationReference. In order to get the value for just the total it might require some javascript behind the dashboard.

alt text

0 Karma

anuremanan88
Explorer

I have this option already enabled this option. It will enable datavalues for all fields. However I was looking to enable datavalue only for certain fields.

0 Karma

tomaszwrona
Explorer

Hi,

try this option within your XML:

<option name="charting.data.fieldHideList">["Error","Warn"]</option>

Best regards
Tomasz

0 Karma

anuremanan88
Explorer

This option is hiding the fields Error and Warn. I want the chart for these fields, but it should hide the data values for these fields.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...