Dashboards & Visualizations

How to show column chart with 0 values in field and not omit them? (example given)

ayushizile

This is the query I've written

| eval sr1=if(priority=1, 1, 0) | eval sr3=if(priority=3, 1, 0) | eval sr2=if(priority=2, 1, 0)

| table caseNumber sr1 sr2 sr3

| eventstats sum(sr3) as totalsr3, sum(sr2) as totalsr2, sum(sr1) as totalsr1

| stats first(totalsr1) first(totalsr2) first(totalsr3)

Output:
first(totalsr1) first(totalsr2) first(totalsr3)
0 1 128

But the column chart shows only 2 columns (first(totalsr2) first(totalsr3)). The data might change in future to have non-zero value in only ONE field..so I want to show column graph with zero values too and not omit them. What am I missing?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

hi @ayushizile

You have to give one x-axis or you can add |transpose to end of your query..

| eval sr1=if(priority=1, 1, 0) | eval sr3=if(priority=3, 1, 0) | eval sr2=if(priority=2, 1, 0) 
| table caseNumber sr1 sr2 sr3 
| eventstats sum(sr3) as totalsr3, sum(sr2) as totalsr2, sum(sr1) as totalsr1 
| stats first(totalsr1) first(totalsr2) first(totalsr3) |transpose
Thanks
Harish
0 Karma

ayushizile

Transpose is not working. It is giving incorrect results. what do you mean by "You have to give one x-axis "?

0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

@ayushizile

It means in your query first value is taking like a x-axis .transpose will work or add another column with name or time anything ,..you will know the issue

Thanks
Harish
0 Karma

ayushizile

Unfortunately, after transpose data is incorrect. It does not just invert row and columns. The values before and after transpose is different

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...