Archive
Highlighted

How to search two different values in different text files which has same index?

Explorer

How to search two different values both the values are in different text files which has the same index and the final output want to route to a different txt file.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: How to search two different values in different text files which has same index?

Motivator

Something like:

index="commonindex" (source="source1" field1="value1") OR (source="source2" field1="value2")

???

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: How to search two different values in different text files which has same index?

Explorer

Well this is exactly not working. I can only search for one value how will I search for another one?
My search :-
index=main source="F:\123.txt" 123
But what if I want to add one more different source and search in that too?

0 Karma
Highlighted

Motivator

Then:

index=main (source="source1" OR source="source2") 123

Is this what you are looking for?

0 Karma
Highlighted

Explorer

I have two text files 123.txt and 456.txt and the values are 123 and 456 in the respective files.

I want to search such that both the files should appear when searched using values "123" and "456" and I want the output "123456" in another file.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Motivator

index=main (source="123.txt" "123") OR (source="456.txt" "456")

Im sorry, but i don´t understand what you need.

Highlighted

Explorer

Yes this worked. Thanks alot. Actually I have 1 value in File A and another in File B. I want to combine the search result and route it to different file. Please tell me how should I route the result to different file?

0 Karma