Splunk Search

How to search for a event then check ocurrence during a period of time using another SPL

zanoefel

Ok, so here is my question

These 3 lines denote possible values for scheduled downtime

MSG WHEN DOWNTIME START

STARTED 
    SERVICE DOWNTIME ALERT: afakeci;Service Schedule;STARTED; Service has entered a period of scheduled downtime

CANCELLED
    SERVICE DOWNTIME ALERT: afakeci;Service Schedule;CANCELLED; Scheduled downtime for service has been cancelled.

STOPPED
    SERVICE DOWNTIME ALERT: afakeci;Service Schedule;STOPPED; Service has exited from a period of scheduled downtime

Then i have my SPL looking for something

index="test" earliest=-1h
    AND
    ( 
        ( eventname="SERVICE NOTIFICATION" AND status_code=CRITICAL ) OR 
        ( eventname="PASSIVE SERVICE CHECK" AND state=2 )   
        AND ( service_name="CPU utilization" OR 
        service_name="Memory and pagefile*" OR
        service_name="Filesystem*" OR 
        service_name="Service*" OR 
        service_name="File*") )
    OR
    ( eventname="HOST NOTIFICATION" AND status_code="DOWN" )    
| eval service_name=if( eventname=="HOST NOTIFICATION" , "ICMP request (PING)" , service_name )
| eval status_code=if( eventname=="PASSIVE SERVICE CHECK" , "CRITICAL" , status_code )
| eval nagios_timestamp=timestamp
| convert ctime(nagios_timestamp)
| eval alert_seed=status_code.".".host_name.".".service_name

What i want to do is:

IF my SPL found a event then
Execute second query to find during the last hour at least one ocurrence of downtime with status != of STARTED:

index="test" host_name=afakeci earliest=-1 eventname="SERVICE DOWNTIME ALERT" ( "CANCELLED" OR "STOPPED" ) | stats count

In this case means that maintanence mode finished and the alert is real then i can raise alert
ELSE
Finish the execution

I was checking for cmds "transaction", "search" ... and did not found a solution yet =(

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...