Splunk Search

How to query a particular hour for last 3 months

xvxt006
Contributor

Hi,

is it possible to specify a timeframe so that i get data for every Friday 8 PM to 9 PM for the last 3 months?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

linu1988
Champion

Hello,
it would be best if you can use the dates having friday and use with a lookup files.

OR

if you have a index which has last 3 months data you could get them in subsearch and filter out those days. Here it goes

sourcetype=x earliest=-3mon@mon date_hour=20 [|search index=x|bucket _time span=1d|stats min(_time) as _time by date_mday|eval Wday=strftime(_time,"%a")|where Wday="Fri"|table date_mday|dedup date_mday]|....

sourcetype=x earliest=-3mon@mon date_hour=20 date_wday="friday"|.....

i see this in splunk 6, so no need to extract any weekday part anymore.. 😄

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Karma

linu1988
Champion

Hello,
it would be best if you can use the dates having friday and use with a lookup files.

OR

if you have a index which has last 3 months data you could get them in subsearch and filter out those days. Here it goes

sourcetype=x earliest=-3mon@mon date_hour=20 [|search index=x|bucket _time span=1d|stats min(_time) as _time by date_mday|eval Wday=strftime(_time,"%a")|where Wday="Fri"|table date_mday|dedup date_mday]|....

i see this in splunk 6, so no need to extract any weekday part anymore.. 😄

Thanks

0 Karma

linu1988
Champion

You don't need to think about lookup table now that you have the details like date_month,date_hour,date_wday. much easier...

0 Karma

xvxt006
Contributor

Thank you. I will try this. it looks much simpler (we have splunk 6).
if i want to use lookup table approach..i need to have 2 columns where one column has all the dates of Friday and other column would be dayoftheweek as Friday for all of them?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...