Dashboards & Visualizations

How to process click.value before passing it to a URL?

almond14
Engager

I know that click.value will give me the value of the leftmost column in the click row, but what should I do so I can process the value before passing it to a link?

Example:
I have a table with entries on the leftmost column like this: 2-5, 4-3, 5-1, 5-2, 5-7, 7-3, 7-8, 9-2. I would like to make it so when I click on a row, say the one containing 5-2, it will redirect me to a link with just the first number of the entry (in this case 5, not the whole 5-2) on the URL's form, say someothersite/?form.num=5. Same thing if I click on the rows with 5-1 or 5-7, but when I click 9-2, it will redirect me to someothersite/?form.num=9

Edit: I use version 6.2

0 Karma

ziegfried
Influencer

As of 6.3 you can use dashboard eval expressions to create tokens, and use that before you redirect to another view:

<drilldown>
          <eval token="tmp">mvindex(split('click.value', "-"), 0)</eval>
          <link>someothersite?form.num=$tmp$</link>
</drilldown>

almond14
Engager

I forgot to mention I used 6.2, and this method didn't work. Do you have other alternative for 6.2?

0 Karma

ziegfried
Influencer

The only thing that comes to mind for 6.2 is to use custom Javascript.

0 Karma

exocore123
Path Finder

Is there anything new since 6.5?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...