How to plot multiple values on single line chart

shanecifaldi
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hi All.

I run the below search

sourcetype=dbx3_netapp_vault_utilization

it returns the below: (names redacted)
alt text

I need to create a line chart that shows the "name" and "volumeUsed" from 48 hours ago compared to 24 hours ago so we can trend our snapshot size.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

horsefez
Motivator

Hi @shanecifaldi,

how about something like this.

sourcetype=dbx3...zation earliest=-24h@h latest=@h | timechart span=1h sum(volumeUsed) AS volume_last_24h by name 
| append [search sourcetype=dbx3...zation earliest=-48h@h latest=-24h@h | timechart span=1h sum(volumeUsed) AS volume_last_48h by name] 

View solution in original post

0 Karma

horsefez
Motivator

Hi @shanecifaldi,

how about something like this.

sourcetype=dbx3...zation earliest=-24h@h latest=@h | timechart span=1h sum(volumeUsed) AS volume_last_24h by name 
| append [search sourcetype=dbx3...zation earliest=-48h@h latest=-24h@h | timechart span=1h sum(volumeUsed) AS volume_last_48h by name] 
0 Karma

shanecifaldi

this works well but there is one issue - for some reason almost 1/2 of the volumes are being grouped as "other".

0 Karma

shanecifaldi

thanks for your help i figured it out with the limit=0 syntax.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...