Splunk Dev

How to plot each and every gps lat long

abhijitp
Path Finder

I am on Splunk 6.4

I need to plot each and every gps lat long in a dashboard without any filtering or clustering.

My search query is -> sourcetype=geo | geostats count latfield=QueriedLatitude longfield=QueriedLongitude binspanlat=1 binspanlong=1

in other words, when i see the individual points, i should see count as 1 and not a bigger number. I have screenshots handy but cannot upload them.

i have tried these settings also with no success:
max clusters = 999

also, this happens to be a very short data set. ideally i would like to plot individual gps points for a data set of multiple magnitudes bigger. I am not sure if it is possible in Splunk.

Please help.

Thanks,
Abhi

0 Karma
1 Solution

abhijitp
Path Finder

I was able to get down to count=1 for most of the cases. Sometimes it still shows more than 1. This is how i did it.

sourcetype=geo | geostats count latfield=QueriedLatitude longfield=QueriedLongitude maxzoomlevel=18

It worked pretty closely for what i am trying to do.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

abhijitp
Path Finder

I was able to get down to count=1 for most of the cases. Sometimes it still shows more than 1. This is how i did it.

sourcetype=geo | geostats count latfield=QueriedLatitude longfield=QueriedLongitude maxzoomlevel=18

It worked pretty closely for what i am trying to do.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...