Splunk Search

How to perform search only using PhoneNum?

hkchew

I have 2 sourcetypes:
Eg. sourcetypeA has fields such as ServiceProvider, GroupID, DeviceUsed, DeviceSerialNum
sourcetypeB has fields such as Name, GroupID, PhoneNum, VAS1, VAS2

When I search using PhoneNum ONLY, the result needs to display PhoneNum, GroupID, DeviceUsed, DeviceSerialNum

Tags (1)
0 Karma

hkchew

Thank you guys but none of the above works.
The field name of the groupid is different in both sourcetype although groupdid is found in the field#2 of both sourcetype

0 Karma

hkchew

Thank you, guys but none of the above works.
The field name of GroupID of sourcetypeA is different from sourcetypeB although both GroupID are found on field#2 in both sourcetype.

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try like this

(sourcetype=sourcetypeA) OR (sourcetype=sourcetypeB PhoneNum="YourSearchedPhoneNumHere")
| fields GroupID, DeviceUsed, DeviceSerialNum PhoneNum
| stats values(PhoneNum) as PhoneNum values(DeviceUsed) as DeviceUsed values(DeviceSerialNum) as DeviceSerialNum by GroupID
| where isnotnull(PhoneNum)
0 Karma

sbbadri
Motivator

@hkchew

try this
sourcetype=sourcetypeA | fields ServiceProvider, GroupID, DeviceUsed, DeviceSerialNum | join GroupID [ search sourcetype=sourcetypeB | fields PhoneNum, VAS1, VAS2 ] | search PhoneNum=* | table PhoneNum, GroupID, DeviceUsed, DeviceSerialNum

i hope this helps

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...