All Apps and Add-ons

How to not show the apps not found page (as shown below) when an app is not available to a user?

manjunathmeti
Champion

Splunk shows apps not found page (as shown below) when an app is not available to a user. But I don't want this page to display and just want to show a simple "404 not found" message. How can I do that? If I can't hide the whole page, can I hide/edit content in the red box below (as I don't want user to see Server IP)?alt text

1 Solution

paramagurukarth
Builder

If you have no issues in editing splunk internal files.
Go ahead and edit the corresponding template file

\Splunk\share\splunk\search_mrsparkle\templates\view\404_app.html

View solution in original post

paramagurukarth
Builder

If you have no issues in editing splunk internal files.
Go ahead and edit the corresponding template file

\Splunk\share\splunk\search_mrsparkle\templates\view\404_app.html

manjunathmeti
Champion

I edited the file and it is working but one thing it is giving this warning message on Search heads. Do you have any idea how to hide this warning?

Installed Files Integrity Checker: File Integrity checks found 2 files that did not match the system-provided manifest. Review the list of problems reported by the InstalledFileHashChecker in splunkd.log File Integrity Check View ; potentially restore files from installation media, change practices to avoid changing files, or work with support to identify the problem. Learn more.

0 Karma

paramagurukarth
Builder

Please check this link
If the link didn't provide any solution means , that warning messages is something we should bear for modifying splunk's internal files

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

Thanks paramagurukarthikeyan, I'll look into this.

0 Karma

paramagurukarth
Builder

Welcome 🙂 ..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...